The objective of the Transformations Programme is to help institutions move towards organisational change through the application of existing JISC and other resources in order to:
- Enhance their student experience
- Improve the efficiency of their business and become agile in a climate of change
- Enhance their organisational capability for business and community engagement
- Improve their environmental performance
£1 million is available for this Programme in the 2011/12 Academic Year to fund projects at £15,000 each. This is the second call this AY which provides two further opportunities to submit bids for 12-15 month projects as detailed below:
- 12 noon UK time on 22 February 2012 – to start 30 April 2012
- 12 noon UK time on 16 April 2012 – to start 11 June 2012
Proposals may be submitted by HE institutions funded via HEFCE, SFC, HEFCW and DEL Northern Ireland. FE institutions in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are not eligible to bid for this call as JISC intends to provide an opportunity for FE colleges across the UK to bid for similar activity in the early part of 2012.
With regard to bids from Scottish HE institutions, SFC has applied a significant budget cut to JISC in 2011-12 AY. Following consultation with Scottish institutions, SFC has requested that the impact of this budget cut falls on the number of innovation projects JISC is able to fund at Scottish institutions, rather than to cut or increase charges for national services, such as JANET, JISC Collections and JISC Advance. Whilst Scottish HE institutions therefore remain eligible to bid for project funding in response to this call, depending on the quality of the submissions, JISC may need to limit the number of projects awarded to Scottish HE institutions.